Planning Your Group's Visit
- All naturalist-led programs must be scheduled in advance.
- School group size is limited to 55 participants or fewer per program. Weekend group size is limited to 25 or fewer.
- Please be prompt. All programs are approximately two hours in length, except for canoe trips. Programs usually begin at 10 am and end at 12 noon unless otherwise arranged. (Canoe trips begin at 9 am and end at 1 pm.) Programs
for pre-K children may be shorter.
- Lunch will be in the outdoor picnic area.
- Teachers must participate in the program with their students.
- Teachers must bring one adult per ten children for supervision and discipline.
- Children should dress appropriately for the weather (shoes that can get wet or boots, long pants, socks, hat, and dress in layers according to the temperature).
- In case of inclement weather, the program can be abbreviated, and children should wear rain gear.
- All park areas are nature preserves. By law, all plants, animals and minerals are protected in their natural state and cannot be removed from the park.
- There is no charge for most programs.
- Bus permits are not required for Nature Center parking. Smoking is prohibited.
- Programs and facilities are designed to accommodate disabled visitors.
- Groups may visit the nature center on a self-guided basis (without a naturalist). Self-guided groups must notify the Nature Center in advance to avoid overcrowding of the Nature Center on any given day. Leaders of self-guided groups are responsible for the orderly conduct of their groups. Leaders are also encouraged to visit the Nature Center in advance of their group's visit to ensure the success of their trip.